The mission of the Biogipuzkoa Health Research Institute is to be the R+D+i centre of reference for the Public Health System in Gipuzkoa, and to lead the way in developing scientific and innovative translational activities of excellence with strong repercussion on the health of the population, generating synergies with its business environment for paving the way to tackling projects of added value whose results are given back to patients and society.
To be a centre of reference at state level in the field of research into ageing, precision medicine and health innovation, leading in the Basque Country the change towards technological medicine, in line with the needs of professionals and patients, while promoting a change in the economic model.
The values we defend are:
- Scientific Excellence.
- Efficiency and sustainability.
- Total quality.
- Patient participation.
- Commitment to society.
The purposes of the Institute are to:
- Lend scientific basis to the health system programmes and policies.
- Promote biomedical, epidemiological, public health and health services research.
- Preferentially boost translational research, understood as research aimed at accelerating the transfer of scientific knowledge to clinical practice, in accordance with international recommendations.
- Training in research and innovation.
IIS Biogipuzkoa is a non-profit entity that was declared a Public Service Organisation in December 2014, thanks to its contribution in carrying out its activities in the interest of the common good in a generous, altruistic, solidary and plural fashion.