This Unit’s mission is to promote quality research and to procure external resources for research projects; its main function is to provide methodological and biostatistical support to other researchers, both internal and outside of the Institute.
- Design of the project in collaboration with the client, drawing up a draft project in which:
- The theoretical model and hypotheses are specified and operationalised.
- Objectives are set.
- The research strategy is selected: design.
- The methodology to be used is described: population to be studied, inclusion and exclusion criteria, type of sampling, calculation of sample size, definition of variables and data collection process.
- The statistical analysis plan is designed.
- Limitations are envisaged and how to prevent or minimise them.
- Design and creation of data bases for research studies.
- Statistical analysis.
- Interpretation and presentation of results (tables, graphs, etc.).
- Teaching about statistics tools.
Cristina Sarasqueta Eizaguirre
Tel.: + 34 943 007319