We have cause to celebrate!
Despite turning 10 last year, we could not celebrate it due to reasons we do not need to remind you of. And now that it’s our 10th (+1) anniversary, we would like to share this moment with you by inviting you to participate in the workshop we have organised to mark the occasion.
Following a brief review of the Institute’s history, two round table discussions will take place at the event, entitled: “Times of Threats and Opportunities” and “Clinical Research and Talent”, moderated by Julio Arrizabalaga, Scientific Director of the Biodonostia Health Research Institute, and Itziar Pérez Irazusta, Director-Manager of the Integrated Health Organisation, respectively, with very relevant speakers from the fields of Research and Innovation.
PLEASE NOTE: The workshop will take place on 19 November and will be streamed via Biodonostia’s YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/Dzb80rUlLvk
9am workshop launch:
Gotzone Sagardui, Basque Government Minister of Health
Introduction to the Workshop and Overview of the last 10 years:
Julio Arrizabalaga, Scientific Director of the Biodonostia Health Research Institute.
9.45am Round table discussion: “Times of threats and opportunities”
Moderator: Julio Arrizabalaga, Scientific Director of the Biodonostia Health Research Institute.
- 9:45am Estibaliz Hernáez, Vice-Minister of Technology, Innovation and Digital Transformation of the Basque Government: “Basque Health Research Institutes as Strategic Partners for Socio-Economic Development”
- 10:00am Lluís Blanch, Director of R&I – Director of the Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí I3PT Research and Innovation Institute: “Opportunities and transformations in the business environment arising from innovation and personalised medicine”
- 10:30 Ramón Maspons, Chief Innovation Officer at the Catalonia Healthcare Evaluation and Quality Agency [Agència de Qualitat i Avaluació Sanitàries de Catalunya (AQuas)], Coordinator of the Catalonia Local Government Department of Health’s Office for Innovation and Transformation. “Next Generation Europe, challenges, opportunities and realities”
12:00pm Round table discussion: “Clinical Research and Talent”
Moderator: Itziar Pérez Irazusta, Director-Manager of the Donostialdea Integrated Health Organisation
- 12:00pm José Mª Miró, from the Barcelona Clinic Hospital’s Infectious Disease Senior Consultant Professor of Medicine at the University of Barcelona and researcher at IDIBAPS: “UPDATE COVID-19. Where we are and where we are going”
- 12:45pm Fernando Cossío, Scientific Director at Ikerbasque. Professor at the University of the Basque Country EHU/UPV’s Faculty of Chemical Sciences: “10 years of Biodonostia-Ikerbasque relations: accomplishments and challenges”
14:00pm Workshop closure: Marian Ibarrondo, Director of Health Research and Innovation from the Basque Government