|Dr. Charles Lawrie obtained his BA Hons in Biochemistry, MA and DPhil at Trinity College, University of Oxford. Having held several postdoctoral positions at the University of Oxford, he launched and was Principal Researcher of the Lymphoid Malignancy Research Group (LMRG) at the Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NDCLS), part of the University of Oxford’s Medical Sciences Division. He joined the Biodonostia HRI in 2011 as an Ikerbasque Research Professor, as well as Coordinator of the Oncology Area and Leader of the Molecular Oncology Research Group.
Since then, he has obtained more than €3.5 million in competitive funding at regional, national and European level. Dr. Lawrie has published more than 100 publications, including two books and 9 book chapters. This production has been cited more than 6,500 times, obtaining an h-index of 36 in 2020. He is the co-inventor of 4 patents and has directed 13 doctoral theses. He was elected Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath) and is a University Research Lecturer at the University of Oxford.
- To understand the molecular pathogenesis of haematological diseases (and other types of cancer) and the translation of that knowledge to clinical environments.
- To identify and develop new biomarkers for cancer diagnosis and prognosis.
Main lines of research
- The identification and assessment of the utility of circulating microRNA/RNA as non-invasive cancer biomarkers.
- Identification of factors behind drug resistance and new therapeutic procedures to treat cancer by using coding viral libraries for siRNA/microRNA.
- Identification of new mutations on the site of target gene-microRNA interaction and in the sequence of the same microRNA associated with cancer.
- Characterisation of the target miRNA:mRNA interface in cancer.
|María Araiz Ramírez||Donostialdea IHOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maria Arestín Muruzabal||Biodonostia HRIemail@example.com|
|María Armesto Álvarez||Biodonostia HRIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura Basterretxea Badiola||Donostialdea IHO||–|
|Enrique Bengoechea Nerecan||Donostialdea IHO||–|
|Izaskun Ceberio Echechipia||Donostialdea IHOemail@example.com|
|Giovanni Di Pinto||Biodonostia HRIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maitane Márquez López||Biodonostia HRIemail@example.com|
|Carla Solé Cañadas||Biodonostia HRIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maitena Tellaeche Abete||Biodonostia HRIemail@example.com|