|Dr. Iván Macía Oliver has been Head of the Biodonostia HRI eHealth Group, within the Bioengineering Area, since 2012. Since 2014 he is also Director of the Digital Health and Biomedical Technologies Area of the Vicomtech Foundation, the applied Research Group dedicated to the development and transfer to industry of technology solutions for the biomedical field based on artificial intelligence, image analysis and interaction. He has been part of the Vicomtech Foundation since April 2003 where he initially specialised in the field of medical image analysis, completing his Doctoral Thesis at the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) in 2012 in the field of vascular image analysis. He is the author of more than 36 indexed publications, the head of several funded research projects and of different industrial contracts, as well as general coordinator of the European DESIREE project – Decision Support and Information Management System for Breast Cancer. He also collaborates with the Computational Intelligence Group (GIC) of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU).||Dra. Nekane Larburu Rubio qualified as a Telecommunications Engineer at the Public University of Navarra. She studied for a year at the Central Michigan University (USA, 2009-2010) and completed her Final Degree Project at the IMEC Research Centre (The Netherlands, 2010-2011). She went on to obtain her PhD at the University of Twente (The Netherlands, 2012-2016). Since 2016, Dr. Larburu has been a senior researcher and Project Manager at the Vicomtech Foundation in the Area of Biomedical Applications and is leader of the Digital Health line. She coordinates and participates in myriad European, national and local projects. To date she is the author of 40 scientific publications and has directed two doctoral theses.|
- To develop advanced IT systems based on the management, transmission and efficient display of information, data mining, semantic engineering and artificial intelligence that can improve the efficiency of the health system and the quality of patient care, both in the hospital environment and at home, in all areas of the health chain (management, prevention, diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and rehabilitation).
- To develop IT systems aimed at a particular field or pathology, which use radiological images and other types of demographic or associated clinical information to improve the diagnoses and plan and implement interventions as accurately and safely as possible, through 2D/3D image analysis techniques, modelling of anatomical structures, artificial intelligence, display, virtual navigation, image-guided surgery and robotic surgery.
- To develop IT systems for the analysis and display of biological and omic data, in order to speed up the biomedical research and performance of advanced diagnostic testing.
Main lines of research
- Computer-aided diagnosis:
- Image analysis.
- Omic data analysis.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Semantic engineering.
- Computer-assisted intervention and follow-up:
- Pre-operative planning.
- Intra-operative navigation, Image-guided surgery and Robotic surgery.
- Post-treatment follow-up and rehabilitation.
- Information Systems in Health:
- Distributed systems.
- Information Systems in Hospitals: Telemedicine, Home care and Independent living.
|Andoni Beristain Iraola||Vicomtech|
|Álvaro Bertelsen Simonetti||Vicomtechemail@example.com|
|Camilo Andrés Cortés Acosta||Vicomtechfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mariano De Blas Bravo||Donostialdea IHOemail@example.com|
|Jose Maria Egaña Barrenechea||Donostialdea IHOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gorka Epelde Unanue||Vicomtechemail@example.com|
|Ainhoa García Familiar||Donostialdea IHOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alba Garin Muga||Vicomtechemail@example.com|
|Hans Jurgen Grande Telleria||Cidetecfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen López-Linares Román||Vicomtechemail@example.com|
|Aurora Mª Sucre Rodríguez||Vicomtechfirstname.lastname@example.org|