The mission of the Biodonostia Health Research Institute, is to become the R+D+i centre of reference for the Public Health System in Gipuzkoa and to lead the way in developing scientific and innovative translational activities of excellence with strong repercussion in the Basque Country, generating synergies with its business environment for paving the way to tackling projects of added value whose results are given back to patients and society.
To become a centre of reference in the field of research into ageing, precision medicine and health innovation, and an agent capable of stimulating its environment in regard to knowledge transfer, aiming for the very best of excellence and quality from an organisational point of view and placing the focus on the needs of the population.
The values we defend are:
- Scientific Excellence.
- Efficiency and sustainability.
- Total quality.
- The patient as the fundamental basis.
- Giving back to society.
The purposes of the Institute are to:
- Lend scientific basis to the health system programmes and policies.
- Promote biomedical, epidemiological, public health and health services research.
- Preferentially boost translational research, understood as research aimed at accelerating the transfer of scientific knowledge to clinical practice, in accordance with international recommendations.
IIS Biodonostia is a non-profit entity that was declared a Public Service Organisation in December 2014, thanks to its contribution in carrying out its activities in the interest of the common good in a generous, altruistic, solidary and plural fashion.