The Histology Platform was set up to meet demand from research projects involving histological tissue processing.
It aims to provide technical and scientific support to Institute researchers, associated companies and external companies. It offers a wide range of histopathology techniques:
- Tissue processing.
- Inclusion in paraffin and OCT.
- OCT-block cryostat sectioning.
- Paraffin-block cryostat sectioning.
- Setting and decalcification.
- Routine and special staining.
- Immunohistochemistry (with antibody development).
- Immunofluorescence (with antibody development).
- LEICA CM1950 Cryostat.
- SLEE MAINZ MTM Tissue processor.
- THERMO-SCIENTIFIC HISTOSTAR Paraffin dispenser
- HM355S Microtome, THERMO-SCIENTIFIC.
- SELECTA TERMOFIM bath
- THERMO-SCIENTIFIC VARISTAIN GEMINI automated stainer
- Nikon 80i microscope to obtain clear and fluorescence field photos (filters for green, blue, red). Plus camera to take pictures.
The platform manages its processes according to the guidelines of Standard UNE-EN ISO 9001:2015, while its Quality Management System is certified by AENOR. This lends added value to the work carried out by the Platform, particularly with a view to external applicants for its services, and fosters trust regarding the extent of the Quality applied to the processing of their requests.