INMA Project (Childhood and Environment). A multi-centre monitoring project in which cohorts from Menorca, Sabadell, Granada, Valencia, Asturias and Gipuzkoa participate, and which studies the relationship between exposure to environmental agents and childhood development. The cohort monitoring phases of pregnant women and their children have been carried out, during pregnancy (every three months), at birth, at one year, and at the age of 2 and 4. The next step is to monitor the phases at age 7 and 10.
- To describe the exposure to common contaminants, from the first to the fourth year of life: atmospheric pollution, by products derived from disinfecting the water. To analyse the evolution over time.
- To measure the association between pre-natal and post-natal exposure to atmospheric contaminants and pollutants in drinking water and children’s physical and neurobehavioural development at the ages of 2 and 4 years old.
- To measure the association between pre-natal exposure to pollutants such as POPs and heavy metals (umbilical cord) and the neurobehavioural development of a child at the ages of 2 and 4, analysing the coherence with the results obtained at the age of one year.
- To assess the role of the quality of domestic ecology, the parents’ degree of intelligence, social support network and social class in the neurobehavioural development, sociodemographic determining factors, health and healthy habits: pregnancy and early childhood.
- To integrate the data from this study with those from the other cohorts in the INMA Project.
Main lines of research
- Environmental and atmospheric pollution, drinking water contamination, diet and health.
- Effects of interior and exterior atmospheric pollution and contamination of drinking water and for domestic use in neurodevelopment and respiratory diseases.
- Association between pre-natal exposure and during the early years of life to pollutants such as POPs, endocrine disruptors and heavy metals, and neurobehavioural development in childhood.
- Development, application and/or adaptation of the different scales and testing to assess neurobehavioural and domestic aspects (Etxadi-Gangoiti), school environment and other scales in childhood. Relationship of the aspects of the family structure and function, and cognitive development.
- Sociodemographic and health determining factors during pregnancy and early childhood.
- Obesity and metabolic disorder in childhood.
- Assessment of the physical environmental agents and their effect on health.
|Joana Acha Morcillo||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jon Iñaki Alvarez Uriarte||Public Health Subdirectionemail@example.com|
|Asier Anabitarte Riol||Public Health Subdirectionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ainara Andiarena Villaverde||UPV – EHUemail@example.com|
|Enrique Arranz Freijo||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Juan José Aurrecoechea Aguirre||Dep. Health Subdirection – PH Gipuzkoa||–|
|Mikel Ayerdi Barandiaran||Dep. Health Subdirection – PH Gipuzkoaemail@example.com|
|Izaro Babarro Vélez||Dep. Health Subdirection – PH Gipuzkoa||–|
|Florencia Barreto Zarza||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Miguel Basterretxea Irurzun||Dep. Health Subdirection – PH Gipuzkoaemail@example.com|
|Eduardo Fano Ardanaz||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mara Gallastegui Bilbao||Biodonostia HRIemail@example.com|
|Gonzalo García-Baquero Moneo||Public Health Subdirectionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Álvaro Goñi de Francisco||Public Health Subdirectionemail@example.com|
|Arantxa Gorostiaga Manterola||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amaia Irizar Loibide||Public Health Subdirectionemail@example.com|
|Ana María Jiménez Zabala||Public Health Subdirectionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nerea Lertxundi Iribar||UPV – EHUemail@example.com|
|Aitana Lertxundi Manterola||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mª Dolores Martínez López De Dicastillo||Dep. Environment and Land Planningemail@example.com|
|Madalen Oribe Amores||UPV – EHUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Manuel Sánchez de Miguel||UPV-EHUemail@example.com|
|Loreto Santa Marina Rodríguez||Dep. Health Subdirection – PH Gipuzkoafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nerea Urbieta Macazaga||Dep. Health Subdirection – PH Gipuzkoa||–|
|Oscar Vegas Moreno||UPV – EHUemail@example.com|
|Carlos Zabaleta Camino||Goierri-Alto Urola IHOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Miren Begoña Zubero Oleagoitia||UPV – EHUemail@example.com|